The Curriculum used at Little Dreamers covers the Mississippi State Department of Education Common Core Guidelines and Standards that will help children meet their developmental needs in the areas of:
- Communication and Early Language Skills
- Creative Vocal Expression
- Physical Motor Skill Development
- Conceptual and Cognitive Development
- Fostering Emotional Skills
- Socialization Skills
Each student will be taught through group, individual instruction, and with a thematic approach to achieve these goals.
Two Year Olds
Our two-year old program is designed to introduce important preschool fundamentals through a variety of different activities. The program consist of playtime and teacher directed activities
Three Year Olds
Emphasis is on desirable social and emotional development with recognition of colors, shapes, sizes, and beginning number and letter recognition. These activities are adjusted to each child’s abilities and interests. Music and rhythm activities, group games, and creative artwork help achieve these goals. Language development is taught through reading, finger play, rhyming, and word games.
Four/Five -Year Old Class
The program for this age group focuses on personal maturation, appropriate classroom behavior, following directions and mastering the developmental tasks that will prep the child for successful kindergarten work. Relationships are expanded through social interaction with peers. Fundamental skills include name writing, number skills and consistent exposure to letters and their sounds. Language development is expanded from that of the three year olds. Other areas of concentration include:
- Language Arts: stresses the four communication skills of listening, speaking effectively, writing, and reading and its readiness areas, including phonics. The one hundred (100) DOLCH basic sight words are also introduced.
- Math Readiness: is approached through set theory and the teaching of problem solving and pattern recognition.
- Social Development: aims for a strong self-image and the ability to work with and understand others. This teaching includes character education and good manners.